Christian Women Affiliate

Bringing Resources to the Christian Woman Online.

This Banner Spot is part of Our Partner of the Month ~ Reaching YOUR Audience through Ours! 

Read More About Our Partner Package. Please Choose Your Partner Month in 2014! Read & Learn More about Our Past Partners.

Hi, I am new to this group and just joined CWA last month.

Can someone tell me what happens in here??  And what I can do to participate and help?

Views: 28

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the community and to this wonderful Bible Study that is lead by Bonnie House. We are studing tne Book of Acts at a very slow pace. I think that is so good! I am so pleased to meet you and have you in the Bible Study with us!

Deanie

The way I do my study here with Bonnie is that I copy and paste her questions with my answers in a reply and post them here. I also post them on my own blog for me to study. I use an online Bible to refer to at different times too.

http://www.biblegateway.com/versions/New-International-Version-NIV-...  This is the version that I like to use.

Each Monday Bonnie will post the scriptures to study for the week in a new discussion.

I hope that I have been helpful!!

Hi Dani,

I am Bonnie and I am so happy that you joined this group. I am just getting started in Acts and it will be a great time for you to join in on our study.

I use the King James Version if I type out any verses but you are of course free to use your own version to study from. If verses are typed out then if I ask questions you will know where I am coming from. Then I have a part which is "Let's Have A Closer Look" and this is where I ask questions or give other information if I have it from other resourses. Even thought someone may have answered the questions already you can put your answers down also. And that is about it so far.

So hope to hear more from you. Bonnie

I am excited for this!!! I am new to not only CWA and this group but I am also new to seeing God as my Daddy and someone that loves me more than any person on earth could.

I just recently read "The SHACK" and it definitely opened my eyes to God and His love!!! I am learning to love Him back and to trust Him with my life and heart. But in order for me to do that, then I need to learn more about Him so our relationship can grow :)

What can I do now to get started? I am very anxious to get started on my studies :)

Here are some notes that I have from the study.

Acts-The History

In the Amplified Bible in the introduction tells me that the book of Acts provides the basic history of the spread of Christianity during the three decades immediately following the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

It also states the book of Acts traces the expansion of the early church and the ministry of the followers of Christ. Peter is the central figure in the establishment of the church in Jerusalem. Then Paul becomes the foremost leader so the major part of the book of Acts is devoted to Paul and his mission. The Holy Spirit is also mentioned many times in this book.

There was conflict as the Gentile were added to the church. Those who were Jewish felt that the Gentiles needed to do all that the Jews did, such as being circumcised, but that was not necessary for the Gentiles to do.

Outline

Christ’s parting instructions-1:1-11

The church in Jerusalem-1:12-7:60

Expansion in South and North-8:1-12:23

Paul’s first missionary journey-12:24-14:28

The Jerusalem conference-15:1-35

Paul’s second missionary journey-15:36-18:22

Paul’s third missionary journey-18:23-20:2

Paul in Jerusalem and Caesarea 20:3-26-32

Paul’s mission in Rome 27:1-28:31

Bonnie House said:

Here are some notes that I have from the study.

Acts-The History

In the Amplified Bible in the introduction tells me that the book of Acts provides the basic history of the spread of Christianity during the three decades immediately following the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

It also states the book of Acts traces the expansion of the early church and the ministry of the followers of Christ. Peter is the central figure in the establishment of the church in Jerusalem. Then Paul becomes the foremost leader so the major part of the book of Acts is devoted to Paul and his mission. The Holy Spirit is also mentioned many times in this book.

There was conflict as the Gentile were added to the church. Those who were Jewish felt that the Gentiles needed to do all that the Jews did, such as being circumcised, but that was not necessary for the Gentiles to do.

Outline

Christ’s parting instructions-1:1-11

The church in Jerusalem-1:12-7:60

Expansion in South and North-8:1-12:23

Paul’s first missionary journey-12:24-14:28

The Jerusalem conference-15:1-35

Paul’s second missionary journey-15:36-18:22

Paul’s third missionary journey-18:23-20:2

Paul in Jerusalem and Caesarea 20:3-26-32

Paul’s mission in Rome 27:1-28:31

Sorry about getting the same notes twice. I have more notes if you would like the next page. Otherwise we have just finished Acts 2:1-13. Bonnie

RSS

Connecting With YOU!

CWA is BEST Viewed Using The FireFox Browser. At least upgrade to IE8 if you choose IE.
Christian Women Affiliate LLC on LinkedIn Join CWA Radio! Live On BlogTalk Radio 7 Days a Week!

Listen to internet radio with CWA Radio on Blog Talk Radio

Social Connection!

Advertise with CWA!

FYI~ In the KNOW

Have you touched on the resources we have to offer you here at CWA? Have you thought about hosting your own webinars using our  Webinar Services??? Head Over to the Webinar Hosting Options page to read all about them. Our Options have changed as of Nov 2012, so Be in The Know. 

Your Room, Your Brand, Your Ministry or Business, Your Time, Your Schedule, Your Topics, YOUR WAY! 

See an Image of a Room

Webinars 101 ~ Hosting through CWA Replay!  A must watch to see Adobe in action. It's Free, just click over! It was a LIVE Webinar to Walk you through Webinars 101.

Already Have A Room w/Us? Check out...

Latest Activity

Profile IconCWA Radio
just now
Profile IconCWA Radio

My Journey of Faith - Apr 24,2014

My Journey of Faith with Host, Cynthia McCutcheon Every Thursday at 2:30pm Today's Show: Have you ever been fearful to leave the known for the unknown? Today Terri Schrews joins Cynthia and shares what God is teaching her from a recent move.… See More
6 hours ago
Heather Randall left a comment for Tima Pyke Murrell
"Please check the top of your profile and click the black tab marked “Get Started”. This page has how-to’s and important quick links to help you get familiar with our features and make the most out of your membership. We…"
7 hours ago
Tima Pyke Murrell is now a member of Christian Women Affiliate
7 hours ago

Bringing Resources to The Christian Woman Online

Christian Women Affiliate

© 2014   Created by Heather Randall.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service